Monday, September 24, 2018

Holistic Herbs



    I'm always drinking my agbo/herbal teas and infusions (which is a more right word). They are nice, and help me keep away from any illness and stay on top of my immune system. Just trying to treat my body the best I can you know. Last week I was on efinrin/scent leaf/African basil, I've had a bit of dried soursop leaf, turmeric, juiced beetroot and apple+acv and moved on to sage leaf, with lemon grass..all separately o  and at different times(best options I had atm) because I actually fell quite ill with a cold/flu !!with all the symptoms and have been sneezing my head off, coughing and feeling really horrible. I thought I was invincible! Low-key. Lol.

    It made me think, " what about all the herbs I've been drinking!?weren't they meant to help me and try to keep these things away"? So sometimes I do question my faith in herbs a little even though I know they work and I have seen them work. Sounds crazy. They don't work like our instant off the counter tablet medicines which we may have been used to and i have to always remember. I can't just fight off a flu in a few hours but rather will probably be healed in a few days , or next day even.

   True natural whole healing does takes it's time. In some cases, at once! It never happens in isolation but as a whole. It's never just one thing or always so straightforward. It's a holistic process not a quick fix.  I know I have been up very late most nights and not getting enough sleep. Maybe need to eat less. Can't think of any other naughty things right now but that's probably what I need. A knowledgeable friend also said that, at times, the feeling of poor health is a healing process. Fever and inflammation are two important ways the body removes damaged cells or stored toxins. So the flu may be a sign that the herbs are working. Makes sense.
I can also relate this spiritually. In the past, and even sometimes I question my faith in God even though I know anything is possible with God but I have to always realize that God is not man and God is higher and works in his own ways. Regardless I will always say, let us keep drinking our lemongrass tea, our nettle, our sage, turmeric, our juices and every other thing God has provided for food/health. Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food.
Take care.💕
#health #medicine #holistic #herbalism #Yoruba #Nigerian #natural #lemongrass #agbo #self-care #God

No comments:

Post a Comment