Thursday, May 28, 2020

Trees do the Most for us


I arrived after the weekend to see this tree looking fabulous and brand new. You would expect it to look very dusty(which it was!) with the harmattan season we are going through but over the weekend this Malay rose apple tree in my yard released so much new growth which made it look completely different and new. It was a wow! 

Makes me wonder what ends of the earth trees go to to draw water, to draw strength, life force even in this drought of 3months. Such resilience. Trees do the most. That’s trees for you. They do it for themselves, survival, for us and the greater good.


I as a human being and my garden are seriously feeling the effects of this really hot, dry, dusty season, out and about, as i work in my garden and come back the next day to a dry garden etc so I’m currently trying to rearrange my garden again to accommodate this our condition and I wish I had more trees to keep things cool and under control including myself. We need trees. I’m told the ratio is 1:10, plant 10 for everyone you cut. Forest gardening is the way, especially in our increasingly hot, tropical climate

Trees keep the cool
Trees bring the rain
Trees give oxygen
Trees hold the soil
Trees keep all of us alive and so much more.

Let’s respect trees and not take them for granted. Plant a tree or more. You/we actually need it. 🥵

No comments:

Post a Comment